Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Not to Fret My Pet

This morning I was praying for God to give me revelation on what He wanted me to share today with those who will read this blog. His Spirit led me to a song I woke up singing this morning “Blessed Assurance”. The song lyrics: “Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine; O what a fortress of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the day long; This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the day long.”

As I begin to think about the lyrics of this song, God brought to my mind the state of the economy. I read a couple of stories on yesterday about people who killed themselves and their family members due to financial worries. Another story was about a 90 year-old grandmother who shot herself because her home had been foreclosed. As I read these stories I thought, is it really that bad to take your life and the lives of others.” God brought to my remembrances the situations I faced after the deaths of my sister and brother how I was so depressed and in such despair that I attempted to take my life. So, I understand how one can be so down to the point where the thoughts of suicide appear to be the only way out of your situation. I understand being so down to the point where you think about taking your life. I have even been to the point where I contemplated taking someone else life and if it were not for the grace of God, I would have done it.

But before I went too far into recalling these events, the Spirit of God reminded me, Ryane that was your former self. You are no longer in that place. Thank God for Your salvation, Your grace, Your mercy and Your Son and my Savior Jesus Christ!!! I am no longer at that place in my life where the trials of this world can overtake me to the point where I want to take my life or the lives of others.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1. I know many of you are going through some hard times financial, so am I but I know and I am assured that trouble does not last always. Yes, my bills are stacking up with the rising cost of gas, groceries, and everything else that has increased of the last year. I look into my bank account and wonder sometimes where does the money go and why does it run from me so fast. Then I remember what King David said in Psalm 121:1-2, “I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Then I remember what Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

What I have learned from my Savior in how to deal with those situations life deals is to “trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding” Proverbs 3:6. Knowing that “weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning” Psalms 30: 5b. That I can “cast all my anxiety on him because he cares for me 1 Peter 5:7”. So during this time of financial hardship do not turn away from the One who is able to meet all your “needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:19.

I have learned over the last three years, as I moved closer to a more intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father, that no matter the trials I face God is right there with me. God has promised throughout the New and Old Testaments to never leave us nor forsake us. It is in the midst of our trials, when we have tried everything we can it is only then we turn to God who is always right there waiting to be our ever present help in times of trouble. He is right there waiting to answer us but we have to learn to put first things first. God has to be first in our lives. He can not be first in our lives only when it is convenient for us. We have to put God in his rightful place as head of our lives. After all, “he created our inmost being and knit us together in our mother's womb” Psalms 139: 13. Even before “He formed us in the womb He knew us” Jeremiah 1:5. “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” Jeremiah 29:11-13.

So as the financial markets and industries continues to do a downward spiral and it seems like your bank accounts are doing the same, Why not trust God to work it out for you Why not stand on the Word of God in the midst of this financial storm? Why not believe the Word of God? He will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. He is faithful and just to do so. Do you know as children of the Most High God that every need we have on earth is taken care of? Yes, I know the bills are high and the money is low and it seems like God is not hearing your prayer. It is not that He is not hearing or answering your prayer, He hears you. You must pray in faith that whatever you ask of the Father will be done. The writer of the book of Hebrews described faith as being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. You may not see your bank account increasing or your bills decreasing because you are not operating in faith but instead you are operating in fear.

I dare you to put you to trust in God and put your faith in Him. Stop worrying about the bad economy! God sees what is going on and He does not want us to worry, so do not worry it only adds years to your appearance. Jesus in the book of Matthew put it this way, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”

So, don’t worry, ‘seek first God’s kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” Matthew 6:33-34.

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine; O what a fortress of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the day long; This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior, all the day long.

No comments: