Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Give Up

Today makes the first day of the Lenten Season for many Christians across the world. The first day of Lent is Ash Wednesday. A day in which ashes that were blessed from the previous year on Palm Sunday are burnt and placed on the foreheads of believers. The ashes are placed on the forehead in the shape of a cross. Ash Wednesday/Lenten season is a time of reflects for many Christian, including myself.

This Ash Wednesday I find myself reflecting on the promises God has made me over the years. I find myself looking in the mirror of my soul/spirit with some very critical questions for myself. There is one question I keep asking myself. Why do you keep allowing fear to consume you?

On Ash Wednesday many Christians begin to fast from food or they give up something that takes their time away from God. For me today starts the first day of giving up the spirits of my will, fear, procrastinates, and low self/spiritual worth (not feeling like I am worthy of God blessing me the way He has in mind to do) . I am starting today, by encouraging myself in the LORD. In the Word of God, He tells me, “I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful.” (Psalm 139:14, NIV) I am taking the necessary steps to rid myself of these spirits, so that I can live the life God has pre-planned for me. What are those steps?

First, I plan to look over the 10 year life plan God gave me in November of 2010 and pick those things I can do now that will lead me to the blessings in my career, life and ministry. Secondly, I will stop denying who God has said I am and called me to be. Finally, I will just trust and obey, there is no other way for me to rid myself of these spirits and hindrances but to just trust and obey God’s instructions in my life.

I desire, want and need a closer walk with the LORD! I know to get it I must give up those things that are hindering me from drawing closer to Him. So, during this Lenten season and for the rest of this earthly life, I plan to trust and obey the direction/plan God has for me. It was God who told the Prophet Jeremiah, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11, KJV) I desire/want/need what it is God has for me. With that Ryane has to die daily that Christ may live in me and that I may experience Him on an even greater level.

During this Lenten Season, what do you plan to give up (for good) so that you may draw closer to the LORD?

May the peace and blessings of our Savior/God rest with each one of you!!!
http://youtu.be/tJznj1a8I1w

No comments: