Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Feel Like Going On


There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

Every Christian has heard or read Jeremiah 29:11 at some point on their journey. It is the scripture where God tells the Prophet Jeremiah, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I have read this passage of scripture over and over again. Not only have a read it, I have commit it to memory and I believe every word of it.

Here is where fear enters the picture and tries to keep me away from the prosper plans of God for my life. Over the years I have grown familiar with death and pain. It seem death was apart of me. Every couple of years there seem to be an unexpected death in my life. The death was always it seem at a transition period for me. Whether it was me transition from middle school to high school, when my sister was murdered and my mom, brother and another sister were shot. Or when I was making the transition from high school to college my brother was murdered. When I was making the transition from college to the workforce a dear friend was murdered. As I was making the transition from the world to a closer walk with Christ my best friend was murdered. Then as the gifts of God begin to awaken in me, my cousin and granny died two weeks apart.

However, all of this has not stop God’s plan for my life. I feel Him even the more urging me to accept His plan for my life. I know there is no failing in Christ. That whatever you put your hands to do for God, He will prosper it. I have the faith to move forward but not the works. James 2:17 states, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” I would start out with great action and intent but fear would grip me. The things or ideas God had planted in me would be left undone. I have numerous ideas for movies, plays, books and articles on my labtop, in my notebooks that I have never worked on. I have plays and books I have started and left undone.

Due to my fear that I would loss someone I love by accepting God’s next level for me, I did the bare minimal, if I did anything at all. Coming up with excuses after excuses, never really wanting to tell anyone the real reason why I have not lived up to my fullest potential, yet. Why someone with my kind of faith is not living out God’s plan for my life. It was this fear that has kept me trapped and frustrated in this position that I currently find myself. 

This fear has also kept me from being true to the real Ryane. So much that no one but God knows the real Ryane! I have hidden behind mask, never wanting anyone to really see the real me for fear, they would not know how to handle me. This extends to my family as well.I will show people glimpse of me but never really being me.

Yesterday, as I pondered what to write about for my blog, God begin to too talk to me about this fear. This fear that has kept me locked away from living the life He has purposed me to live. I found myself sitting with God, allowing Him to minister to me. Asking, when was I going to let go of this thing and walk into the prosper plan He has for me.

This morning I awakened physical and spiritually! I had a dream last night that I was with my cousin Tonya, who passed away three years ago and some friends. There was a dark presence there trying to discourage us from moving forward. In the dream, there was a flow of beautiful clear water amongst the dirt. My cousin Tonya starting singing, I Feel Like Going On, we joined in with her.

My friends I feel like going on! I feel like being that fearless woman that I know I am. I am a child of God, created to serve out His purpose for my life. It is in His loving hands that I have been placed. As the scripture says, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.” God is driving this fear out of me and I thank Him for doing so!!!

I do not know what fear is stopping you from walking in your God given purpose but I do know God is the answer to that fear. I know because I am “confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Be blessed and walk into your God given destiny knowing the gracious hand of your LORD is upon you!

No comments: