Friday, December 12, 2008

My Relationship

How does one approach relationships when they have lived most of their lives with the notion “everything I love I loss”. This is the situation I find myself face with after I was saved. For so many years I have distance myself from becoming emotional attached to virtual everyone on this journey of life.

Because some of the people I trusted violated me and my family in the past I decided it was not worth the emotional heartache associated with allowing people into my personal and emotional space. So I shut down emotional and treated everyone like they just wanted to take a piece of me and did not want to add anything to my life.

This is the attitude I brought into my relationship with God. I could not understand why He loved a broken young lady like myself. The more I learned about the character and love of God the more I felt like I was not worthy of His love. See I came into my relationship with God broken from past hurts from people who said they cared about me and still hurt me directly or indirectly.

Due to the hurt I received from others I questioned God’s love for me in the past before I developed a personal relationship with Him. I felt bad for questioning Him and doubt Him in the past. But the more I learned about God, I learned, people may have hurt me but God has always loved me. He never stopped loving me and I thank Him for never taking His love away from me. I like what King David said in Psalm 27:10 “Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.” So, people may have hurt me but God has always been there for me. Whether I knew it or not, His had of protection and love has always been on my life.

I do not want to dwelling on the people who have hurt me because their 15 minutes of fame are over in my life. I am no longer allowing them to determine how I deal with current or future relationships. I am concentrating on getting to know my family members, reconnecting with friends and they are getting to know the Ryane God predestined me to be. The Ryane who loves the Lord with everything she has in her. The Ryane who loves to go out and fellowship with her family and friends. The Ryane who is outgoing and dreams out loud. The Ryane who believes in herself because she knows “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13.

I am now reaping the harvest God promised me and taking back every relationship the devil thought he stole from me and it should be no surprise that I am rejoicing today because I am recovering it all. Thank you God!!!

See God said in Joel 2:25 “"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten”. He does not have too but I thank Him for being so gracious to my family and me.

Over the last three years I have been in a right relationship with my Heavenly Father, I have learned I am capable of showing love and receiving love. There will be some people who are not meant to be in my life, who mean me no good. I thank God for His gift of discernment!!! He allows me to see people for who they are so I do not waste my time on people who mean me no good.

So old ragged Joe does not even get the number anymore and the previous old ragged Joes do not get a call back, nor do I respond to texts or emails. God is replacing old ragged Joe with Faithfully _________, I do not know his name but I do know the next man I date will be my husband.

I have no time for old friends or wannabe friends who bring death and not life to me. The friendships God wants restore are being restored the ones He does not are not. And I am okay with it. If God said this is not the person you need to be friends with that is fine by me. Since He is the author and finisher of my life then He knew they meant me now good.

God has given me my trust back, I am now able to give people the benefit of the doubt because I still believe trust is earned and not freely given. I am grateful unto God for renewing our covenant relationship, renewing my relationship with my family, renewing my relationship with friends and for all the new relationships I will build in the future.

I thank Him!!!

No comments: