Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coveting versus Contentment: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 6

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 1 Timothy 6:6-8

16 Days to Go: Satisfaction Guaranteed
Main Point: Be content with what you have.

My Pledge: Today, I promise I will not complain about anything I don’t have.

Daily Assignment: Make a list of at least three things you’ve said lately that express a lack of contentment. For example:
I wish I had a bigger house.
I don’t have anything to wear.
We never go anywhere.

After you make the list, ask God for forgiveness for not appreciating what you have.
Clean out your house. You didn’t think I was kidding, did you? Well, maybe not the whole house today. Instead, pick one room or a closet or toy bin and pull everything out. Sort everything into three piles: Keep it trash it, give it away. Give or throw away everything you haven’t used in the last year.

My Response: A major of my stuff is in storage, making this assignment nearly impossible. I went through my items before I placed them in storage and ridden myself of all the things I did not need or want.

No comments: