Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Providence of Preparation: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 7

Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored. Proverbs 13:18

15 Days to Go: Budgeting for Life

Main Point: A budget is your roadmap to prosperity.

My Pledge: I will be diligent and develop a budget so that every penny I earn has a purpose.

Daily Assignment: You know what to do. Follow all the instructions in the chapter to begin putting your budget together. You may not finish today, but you must begin the process today. By the end of Day 11, which is the end of part 2: “Prepare Yourself to Prosper,” you should have completed your budget. (You can find an online version of this budget at www.washingtonpost.com/singletaryP2Plinks).
Journal daily from now through Day 11 about your feelings concerning your budget. Use the sample journal entry in the appendix as a reference if you need help. Whatever you do, don’t give up-even if the numbers look grim. Remember that God is with you during this entire process.

My Response: I am working on this assignment and it is no fun at all. I know how much debt I have and to whom I owe it too. My budget should not be that hard to do, what I am finding hard to do is face the mess I made of my finances. Facing a financial future within a budget, something I have never done. I am not the must discipline person on the planet, as evidence by my finances. But I believe creating this budget will help me be more accountable and responsible with my finances.

No comments: