Monday, December 6, 2010

The Evils of Entitlement: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 5

I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Ecclesiastes 2:10

17 Days to Go: The World is Enticing

Main Point: A sense of entitlement could be getting in the way of God blessing you.

My Pledge: Today, I’ll think about something in my life that I did or purchased that I know realize was giving in to a sense of entitlement.

Daily Assignment: Think of an occasion where you gave in to your sense of entitlement. For example, did you take a vacation that ended up putting you further into debt?
How much did your sense of entitlement cost you? Write down the amount so you can own up to it.
Today I want you to list at least three things you are grateful for. Then, in a specific prayer, I want you to give thanks to God for those blessings. As the song goes, “Count your blessings, name them one by one.” The following are examples of things to be grateful for:
I have a job.
I have someplace to live.
I have my own teeth.

My Response: It was back in July when I visited the T-Mobile store for a new charger for my phone and saw the new Windows phone. Though there was nothing wrong with my current phone I wanted the Windows phone and thought because of everything I had lost and going through the last three years, I deserved something new to play with. I brought the phone and a month later it was stolen for an outdoor community event I was volunteering at. So, $358.00 was wasted because I do not submit my claim to the insurance company in a timely fashion.

Father,I am grateful today for my family & friends who have encourage me and been there for me the last three years. You have blessed beyond anything I could imagine in giving me people who love me for me and support and encourage me to be all You want me to be. I am also grateful for a roof over my head, when so many people who have lost there jobs during this recession, have also lost their homes and are now homeless. I thank you!!! For I know it could have been me but you continue to bless me. I am also thankful and grateful for Your Presence in my life because had it not been for you…I surely would have lost my mind during this time but I am clothe in my right mind because You would not take Your hand off of me.

Love Your Child,
Ryane Beylnda Nickens

No comments: