Monday, December 6, 2010

God’s Generosity: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 3

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

19 Days to Go: Cheerful Giving

Main Point: To whom much is given, much is required.

My Pledge: I will identify someone-a friend, family member, neighbor, or co-worker-who needs help either with cash (I can afford to give away) or my time. I will use God’s generosity toward me as an example of how to be generous to others. As I prosper, I will share my wealth with others.

Daily Assignment: Think of at least one person who could use some help financially. For example, perhaps there is someone you know struggling to purchase groceries. Could you pick up some extra grocery items for them when you do your shopping? If you can’t afford to help someone with cash, how else might you ease their financial burden? Perhaps you could offer to babysit for an evening. Maybe you know a neighbor whose care has been repossessed. Offer to drive the person on a few errands or take them to work for a week free of charge.

My Response: At this time I am not able to help anyone financial. Every dollar of my income is account for each week. I am on this financial fast to learn how to budget and handle the money God has provided for me. I can and will seek other ways to be of help to someone else with my time and talent.

No comments: