Thursday, December 9, 2010

Matrimonial Money: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 10

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor; if they fall down, they can help each other up. But pity those who fall and have no one to help them up! Ecclesiastes 4:3-10

12 Days to Go: It’s Not Just about You

Main Point: Together as one you can become better stewards of your money.

My Pledge: I will work with my spouse to develop a set of rulers to govern how we handle our money together.

Daily Assignment: If you are married (or engaged, as in there’s a ring and a firm date set), work together to come up with at least ten “House Rules” to handle your money as a couple. I’ve already started you off with four, so you only have six more to go. Once you are in agreement, write down the rules. I mean it. Put them on paper and keep the rules handy so there is no question what you both agreed to.

In addition to mediating on the Scripture for today, read Luke 14:28. Discuss with your spouse what this Scripture means. Here’s a hint: The passage is about the importance of planning.

If you are not married, make a list of the financial qualities you would like to have in a mate. Now, create a list of the financial issues you have and would like to improve upon before getting married.

My Response:
Qualities I would like in a mate.
1. A excellent steward of his financial resources.
2. Financial stable.
3. A mate who is able to tell me no and be firm, when it comes to my impose spending.
4. A tithier.
5. Someone who knows how to budget.

List of my financial issues I would like to have improved before getting married.
1. Be more financial responsible.
2. Reduce some or most of my debt.
3. Have a working budget I am living within.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog