Monday, December 6, 2010

A Promise of Prosperity: 21 Day Financial Fast_ Day 2

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. Deuteronomy 8:18


20 Days to Go: God Will Provide

Main Point: God promises prosperity.

My Pledge: To find the key to wealth, I have to understand that prosperity comes with conditions. I must follow God’s will and Word for my life.

Daily Assignment: Listed below are the Ten Commandments. As you review each one, ask yourself these questions: “Have I broken this commandment in ways that have left me broke? Have I ignored a commandment and been robbed of financial peace?” After each commandment are some additional questions to consider. You don’t have to answer all the questions, but read through and see which ones most apply to you. Write your responses in your journal.

“ You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.” (Exodus 20:7). List at least one time in which you cursed God for not having the things you want. How did that impact your relationship with God?

My Respone: There are a number of the ten commandments I have broken over my life span. The one that jumps out at me is “ You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.” In the last three years I have seen many things/people taken away from my life. Just as I was getting around to get my finances in order, I was let go from my job. It was almost four months before I recieved my first unemployment check. At that point I was three months behind on my rent and other bills had piled up. In the months to come I found myself slowly but surely going deeper into debt. I was tithing and giving my offering on the money God was bring into my life. I was still giving my treasure, time and talent but there was no release from my financial burden.

I found myself one day this year asking God, why had others who were not doing anythign for Him prosper and here I was giving Him my time, talent and treasure but I was still under heavy financial debt. I remember cry out and asking God, "where are you?" I need you!!!

Hebrews 13:5 "“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”God, had been telling me this for the last three years, along with the Do Not Worry passage in Matthew 6:25-34 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. and Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Knowing God is always with me and as Numbers 23:19-20 records, "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it." I feel closer to the Lord and every trial appears to bring me closer to God.

No comments: